Riddell Uniform Wash & Care Instructions
Madison Jr. Football Game Uniform Details
- Uniforms are to be worn on game day
- Uniforms are NOT to be worn to
school, around town, etc...
- Socks are part of your uniform and
should we worn to every game.
helpful hints and "how to" guidelines for preparation and maintenance
of your child and his football equipment.
Please wash out the inside of the helmet after every practice. Some
warm soapy water should do. This will keep down the possibility of a cold or
some kind of skin rash.
- If your child is having trouble getting his helmet on, use a small
amount of vaseline (glaze) on the jaw (ear) pads. This could help slide the
helmet on. Use hot water to massage the forehead pad to help loosen up the
cushion. Please be patient with the process of getting used to the helmet. This
is the hardest part of all equipment for your child to get used to.
- Whenever possible, have your child put on and take off his helmet as
directed at fitting. The helmet will mold to your child's head. Thefore, the more
he wears it, the more comfortable it will become. *(i.e. have him put on his
helmet while watching his favorite show or cartoon. 1/2 hour here, 1/2 hour
there and a routine and knowledge of the helmet will have him feeling
comfortable and confident with the helmet.
* This is just to help make the adjustment to the helmet more tolerable
before the season.
- Please try to wash the practice uniform at least once a week.
- Please spray shoulder pad undercarriage with Lysol at least once a
- All equipment fitted should be "spandex" snug, but
not "cut off your circulation" tight.
- Wear a t-shirt under the shoulder pads to provide comfort and absorb
- Tuck t-shirt into girdle to provide comfort from elastic wasteband.
Pull girdle up as far as they can go. Hip pads are for kidney and
spleen protection too.
Wear jock and cup over girdle to provide comfort from elastic
wasteband on jock and cup.
Pull football pants up as far as they go. Also, no slack in groin.
Tuck practice/game jersey into pants. Try not to "bunch up"
jersey. Bunching will cause discomfort and may cause pant to become to tight.
Do not cut strap off of mouthpiece!!! Mold as per directed on bag.
Attach to lowest part of facemask possible. No participation in practice or
game will be allowed without it. This protects the player from losing the
mouthpiece, losing teeth, and getting a concussion.
If you purchase new cleats, make sure they have a molded rubber sole.
Try to have him wear them in before the season starts to prevent discomfort and
Once shoulder pads are fit to snug, tape position of straps with
white athletic tape to ensure position of clips.
Please - Please - Please - If any equipment is faulty or lost, please
do not wait until game night / day to bring it to your coache's attention. Tell
a coach as soon as possible. Check equipment after each practice so your child
can be appropriately suited to participate at any time.
Under no circumstances shall the equipment from Madison Jr. Football
be altered, cut, or changed in any way without authorization. Safety is always
first and altering equipment could decrease protection.